[drivingpairs] Re: drivingpairs Digest V2 #138

  • From: Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:27:21 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A BIG banner at the World Championships with the pictures of Lisa, Larry
and =

Mike stating "Wish we were here" and the names of the committee members
that =

kept them from going at the bottom would be interesting.

Can you imagine the effect on the European dressage horse industry to hav=
e =

American Quarter horses beat them?  Ah, but they probably would borrow
judges =

from the figure skating group.

What kind of positive thing did these people think they were doing for th=
e =

sport?
<

Absolutely great idea,  I LOVE it.  LOL

As far as postitive for the sport,  you missed it.  It was positive FOR
THEM,  that is the whole point. =

It occured to me today that I think the 4's are massively over represente=
on the committee and maybe we need to focus some attention
there....................there are only four of them that I know of now, =

Chester,  Tucker, Jimmy and Bill Long,  who I don't think is competeing
much right now.  Gary Stover was in there for quite a while but haven't
seen his name this year either.  So even if there are 5, they have two on=

the committee,  50% of the active drivers counting Bill.  Certainly more
than their share, I think there is an argument for not having any, based =
on
the number.  So I think we need to start focusing on the drivers that hav=
a ballot next time and encourage them to vote in the best interests of th=
majority..................and not the money. =

Marjean

Sorry Helen, if you view this as not factual enough, but I think it is
true.  =