[drivingpairs] Re: Puddle Jumper and small pairs

  • From: JLO <cicera65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 12:07:23 -0700 (PDT)

I have to chime in on the side of the PJ. I have one that is pony
sized. It weighs in at about 250 or around that. Russ sized it for my
11hh and 11.2hh ponies. I've used it with bigger animals as well. The
pair mentioned has not problem with it PLUS #360 in passengers ( I
will NOT break down who weighs what LOL). It has wonderful stability
and a smooth ride.

Mine is just aluminum as I have no desire to repaint on a daily
basis. We train on dirt and limerock roads. A paint job would last no
more than a week powder coated or not. I opted for the casual "cleans
up with a brillo pad" look. I can wear navy and it will look sharp
enough to get me by. We just aren't competitive enough to care about
presentation points.

We also have the old original Hardwick Marathon. It's horse sized but
light and we use it with our Cob stallion who is only 14hh. It's
wider than a lot of other marathon vehicles which gives it great
stability. It would make it difficult to be competitive with a single
in hazards, but again, we just don't care about being overly
competitive and with pairs it will be no problem.

By the way the pair 11hh and 11.2hh pinto mare pair is for sale. Full
sisters, already well broke to drive. They are sitting here doing
nothing. I took them out after almost 2yrs of sitting around and they
were wonderful. Full description on my website at
http://www.underthesonfarm.com I'm negotiable on the price to someone
who will keep them together and use them as a pair. That is what they
are best at. We are campaigning stallions and babies which gives us
no time to play with them. I'd love to see them in a driving home
being used.

Jodi in Morriston FL