[drivingpairs] For Sale, eh?

  • From: "Anya Getman" <agetman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 12:56:42 -0400 (EDT)

1) Price negotiable to very good home -- Corvall: 24 yr old 15.3 hand
gaited homozygous black standardbred mare. Will buggy along busy paved
roads (Bemis, for those of you familiar with SE Michigan), is the
smoothest trailrider for newbies who can't post (and can be the lead horse
across scary streams and ditches, both away from and toward home), and can
star in weddings -- see her on www.haremhills.com Mares Corvall, agdirect:
http://buyhorses.com/scripts/hrsdetl.exe?1048799941&0
or www.mybigfatgeekwedding.org Photos, Guest Pictures: Paul (page 6), Daun
(page 4), and Jim (page 10).  I'll miss her; she's the best behaved horse
in the barn, but I need to make room for incoming boarders and foals.
Sound, but you need to ramp her up slowly if she's been a couch potato --
older joints and muscles ... horses in her family live to their 30's.
She's actually an easy keeper -- she only would get skinny after nursing.
She has a five year old jet black gelding son (Corvette, broke to ride and
buggy), also registered standardbred, for sale at her old barn.  Her 16h
trotter daughter Maid Marian did flying lead changes down the diagonal
under my dressage instructor, 1st ride, a month after I greenbroke her.
Her daughter Cindy Megabucks, not only holds local track records, but also
has a son Michael, making Corvall a grandma :).

2) My Silver Jag, very pretty heavily fleabitten (great for dirt) grey 15
yr old 16.3 hand TB mare, in foal to the Holsteiner stallion Amour. 50%
chance of grey; 50% chance of bay or blackbay.  Will sell mare for $2500
or set (if foal stands and nurses, otherwise foal price refund), for
$5500.  I will happily ship baby at weaning if you buy her preg -- I have
a home for it already.  This mare makes such an impression, that my
husband's mom forwards her pics around to her friends and wonders why I'm
selling her -- space, and the 12 yr old girl who's been riding her for a
year can't convince her mother to pay the price _I_ paid for her (and they
want to buy a "cheaper" horse and board it with me).  She's sound to ride
and breed, was supposed to be an embryo surrogate, but the donor mare shut
her ovaries down just when I had three mares synched up and raring to go.
Then I got permission to breed the donor direct.  You'll see on
www.haremhills.com Mares Jag Movie that she takes Jessica over jumps in a
western saddle without blinking.  She is a great trailrider, and would
really do well at western pleasure snaffle.  She's shown local 4H.  Won 3
races as a 3 yr old.  Has a gorgeous blackbay hunter son and a grey
daughter that I know of.
http://buyhorses.com/scripts/hrsdetl.exe?1048796908&0  If you want to know
if she'll do well at buggy, let me know you're serious, and I'll hook her
up.  She's been ridden alongside of the buggy, down busy roads, many, many
times.  She'll lead or follow it, also.

3) Quissy (Conquistador H), 15.2h bay yearling (born August 6, 2002) by
100 day test winner Contigo M, out of a 16.3 hand Lemgo mare that jumps 6
ft (5.5' under me several times), events Training Level, and also won her
first dressage show as Training Level Champion, near 70% despite pouring
rain and deep puddles during her 3rd test.  He's probably sold next month,
but if you want a beautifully moving, sweet, unflappable Holsteiner
stallion prospect that will mature at 17 hands, he's still available.  No
less than $10K -- already getting offered that.  Weaned for a month at my
old boarding barn, he's still out with my girls that are confirmed
pregnant -- very well behaved, if you don't count his continual
rearrangement of the pitchforks and halters ;0) ....  www.haremhills.com
Foals Quissy Movies (also a VHS available for serious inquiries --
gorgeous floaty "8" trot caught on film in indoor arena where he weaned).
If he stays a stallion, I'd like to reserve some breedings.  He's been
ground driven and was an absolute champ weaving around the blue spruce
trees (pics on his pages)
http://buyhorses.com/scripts/hrsdetl.exe?1048800319&0

4) My husband will kill me :), but if you've been dreaming of the ultimate
gaited liver chestnut Peruvian Paso yearling filly (with 3 sox, a blaze,
and 4 colors in her tail), Casi Sombra is for sale to someone who
absolutely can't live without her ;) www.haremhills.com Foals Casi (some
movies with Quissy).  Flower pony at my wedding.  Make an offer I can't
refuse ;) ... will ground driver her the second she's big enough to fit in
my smaller harness.  Leads down the road fine.  Peruvians mature
differently from other horses, with a different withers and hooves and
growth rate.  Her cannon bones indicate that she'll make 15.2 hands, but
her height is only 53 inches right now (born July 26, 2002), which would
conventionally put her approximately at 14.3 hands at muturity.  So she
could mature anywhere in there -- we'll see.  She was quite a bit taller
than her two filly first cousins at 3 months (pics on her page  -- they
are the 2 dark bays), and they were both several months older.  Peruvians
normally range from 14 to 15.2 hands.

Anya