[dokuwiki] Re: yikes - tatewake.com offline!

  • From: "Tobias Eigen" <tobiaseigen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 11:20:08 -0700

Hi Martin -

Thanks for the help -

On 5/8/07, Martin Tschofen <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know about which dev version. I'm using more or less the latest but
haven't had much trouble with any of them.

OK - I'll upgrade to a dev version today and just choose one and take
the plunge. ;-)

I'm wondering why your style.ini is pointing to:
dokuwiki/print.css     = print

is there a folder called dokuwiki inside the template folder with print.css
in it?

I'm not using monobook so this may not be an issue.

Yes, the monobook template has a dokuwiki folder within it with a
bunch of dokuwiki related files including the print.css file. The
style.ini file also has a note at the top saying "This file is not
really used" so I think I've been barking up the wrong tree.

Also, look at the two stylesheets that DW creates and see if any of the
comments give you an idea what's happening...martin

<phew> That was the answer! the monobook template was calling the
wrong print.css file (in monobook/dokuwiki instead of
monobook/common).

The monobook template refers to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" <?php if ($_REQUEST['mbdo'] !=
'print') { echo 'media="print"'; } ?> href="<?php echo
$DOKU_TPL?>common/commonPrint.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" <?php if ($_REQUEST['mbdo'] !=
'print') { echo 'media="print"'; } ?> href="<?php echo
$DOKU_TPL?>dokuwiki/print.css" />

I changed this to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" <?php if ($_REQUEST['mbdo'] !=
'print') { echo 'media="print"'; } ?> href="<?php echo
$DOKU_TPL?>common/commonPrint.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" <?php if ($_REQUEST['mbdo'] !=
'print') { echo 'media="print"'; } ?> href="<?php echo
$DOKU_TPL?>common/print.css" />

I'll still have to tweak this to not show the page footers and other
screen content, but otherwise this is much, much better than the
no-formatting I was dealing with before.

Thanks all for the help -

Cheers,

Tobias