[dokuwiki] weird problems with image uploads breaking mediamanager

  • From: Bretton Vine <bretton@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:20:27 +0200

Hi,

I've just joined the list to discuss the following issue which I couldn't
find any support documentation about.

We host several dokuwiki installations on our server and the following
problem has cropped up with one of them - we're using dokuwiki-2010-11-07

Uploading images over 200kb seems to cause the mediamanager to stop working

| could not open page http://hostnameremoved/lib/exe/mediamanager.php?ns=

or

| ERROR
| The requested URL could not be retrieved
| While trying to retrieve the URL:
http://hostnameremoved/lib/exe/mediamanager.php?
| The following error was encountered:
| Zero Sized Reply

After a lot of troubleshooting, reinstalls, permission changes and reverting
to backups the problem was fixed by one or both of the following changes

on server:
- renamed lib/exe/multipleUpload.swf to multipleUpload.swf.bak

and at the user:
- unset use of 'matte' flag in jpeg export in pixelmator

Any ideas what could be causing the issue? Is it a problem with pixelmator
images and the media manager, or is it a problem with the multipleUpload.swf
tool? Is this a known issue?

--
Bretton
openpgp: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc

Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers. - T. S. Eliot