[dokuwiki] turning DK into a Translation Management System

  • From: Tux <cactux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:40:13 +0200

Hi all,

Is Dokuwiki suitable to run a Translation Management System?
I have a complete book in German, and I would like to translate it in
English and French, with the help or several people.
The idea would be to put the book into Dokuwiki, then to let people
translate it.
Requirements:
  * It would be a must to have the 2 langages side by side when translating.
  * It should be possible for translators to leaves comments on their
work or the work of other people.
  * A page should have a status, such as "not translated" "translation
ongoing" "translated - to proof-read" "finished".
  * It should be easy to find which page need translation,
proof-reading, etc. and to get a global status.

Is it a good idea to use Dokuwiki for such a task? Or would it be
better to use something else? Any recommendation?

Thanks and best regards
Cactux