[dokuwiki] Re: trustExternal, existing cookies

  • From: Brett Fountain <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 14:09:29 -0500

I give up.

Not getting any email responses. Can't buy anyone beer. Redirected to lists where I get spammed with everybody else's DokuWiki problems and nobody cares about my question any more than I care about theirs.

Bye ~
Good luck to everyone ~

On Oct 17, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Brett Fountain wrote:

Andi ~

Thank you for your advice.

I found that file inc/auth/punbb.class.php and made a copy of it, then changed the $conf['authtype'] in conf/local.php, accordingly. It does not work: it requires that the bulletin board be installed... I commented out that inclusion and manually set all the variables punbb would have set... but all I get from DokuWiki is a pink dying message:

DokuWiki Setup Error
Bad user authentication configuration. Please inform your Wiki Admin.

It doesn't say anything specific about what it doesn't like; it just dies.

I need some help figuring out what DokuWiki wants, so that I can make it do what I want.

**
Put very simply, I have a web form (same domain as DW, just a different path) where a visitor types in their first name, last name, password. PHP puts them together, does a little lookup, and decides what groups/access are appropriate. PHP sets cookies (firstname, lastname, email, groups). There is no password cookie.

My goal is to make DokuWiki trust those cookies and just allow the visitor the wiki-editing permissions I have defined in the DW ACL. I don't want DW to try to find the user internally or check passwords or anything; just let the person use the wiki, according to what their cookies say.

I don't want a bulletin board or forum or any other system of user management; I simply want DW to look at the cookies and go.
**

Thank you for any direction you can give. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get it working with your previous advice... I'm sure *you* understand it just fine. ;)

Danke schoen ~
Brett

PS - this Problem #1 leads us to a Problem #2:
Once it gives that vague pink error message, it #*!@^$ gets rid of my conf files and replaces them with new ones that I can't edit because it set the perms to 644 and itself (web process) as the owner! (I have the file creation variable set to 0777 but it doesn't care; it keeps using 0644.)

This is not a big deal. It's irritating but I can work around it, and hopefully won't need to edit the conf files often anyway, once Problem #1 is straightened out.

On Oct 7, 2007, at 3:05 PM, Andreas Gohr wrote:

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 19:27:49 -0500
Brett Fountain <email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is my problem so strange or difficult?  Is that why nobody is
answering?

It looks as though DokuWiki was designed with modular functions to
make this happen, but I need to see a working example or else some
documentation that is a lot clearer than what I've found so far.

Have a look at the punbb auth backend - it will log you in based on a
cookie set by the PunBB Forum software.

http://www.splitbrain.org