[dokuwiki] Re: ssl for acl'ed pages

On Friday, March 11, 2011 05:19:48 Adrian Lang wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:33:30 +0100 Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > For modern server and client hardware the SSL overhead isn't really an
> > issue anymore (there was a popular article about that recently - maybe
> > someone has the URL bookmarked?)
> >
> > I recommend to switch your whole site to SSL instead.
>
> there were many parties supporting HTTPS everywhere in the last year,

support != force.  while open source groups can take a hard line in pushing
things, realistically that isnt acceptable in corporate environments where
backwards support is paramount.  so no, forcing site wide https isnt going to
fly today, and i'd be surprised if our group was the only one.  especially
considering getting real SSL certs that arent self signed isnt trivial for
open source groups.
-mike