[dokuwiki] Re: ssl for acl'ed pages

  • From: Adrian Lang <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:19:48 +0100

Hi list,

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:33:30 +0100
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For modern server and client hardware the SSL overhead isn't really an
> issue anymore (there was a popular article about that recently - maybe
> someone has the URL bookmarked?)
>
> I recommend to switch your whole site to SSL instead.

there were many parties supporting HTTPS everywhere in the last year,
Google [1] probably being the biggest. FireSheep gave the issue another
push with f. e. GitHub switching to HTTPS for everything. At 27C3,
there even was a talk about TCP Level encryption for everything. I
think we’ll see potential existing performance issues vanish in the
next time with Google pushing fast TLS so hard.

[1] http://www.imperialviolet.org/2010/06/25/overclocking-ssl.html

Regards,
Adrian