[dokuwiki] Re: securing images in namespaces

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:12:39 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:07 AM,  <LSimonsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have uploaded an pdf file as an image and can link to it in a name space.
>  a page in another namespace that links to this image can open it even
> though the user does not have access to the namespace.  is there a control I
> have not checked.  the ACL is setup and works for pages in the namespace.

Are you sure you have uploaded the image in the namespace that is
protected? Media files are organized in namespaces similar to pages,
only namespace ACLs are applied to media files. Media files are not
attached to pages, so it doesn't matter in which page the media files
was originally used.

Michael