[dokuwiki] Re: renderer_plugin and naming

John (yt) Hogenmiller writes:

Part of me is considering just creating an standalone file (stored in
the plugins directory) that doesn't utilize the renderer class at all
and simply
renders the gallery.  Is this is a good idea?

I do not understand why you use the renderer plugin mechanism at all. If i understand you correctly you are not rendering wiki syntax but trying to integrate the Menalto Gallery application into DokuWiki.

How exactly should the integration look like? Can i use some syntax to add the gallery output into a page? Then it should be a syntax plugin (maybe with help of an action plugin).

Or is it just a Gallery having the same look as the (default) DokuWiki template? Then why mixing it with DokuWiki at all? Just put it in another folder.

Andi