[dokuwiki] Re: problem of setting file name encode option $fnencode to 'safe'

  • From: Choicky Chou <zhoucaiqi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:14:29 +0800

Thanks for your reply.

2010/11/6 Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>

> On 11/5/2010 10:42 PM, Choicky Chou wrote:
> > PS, my wiki is hosted in www.dreamhost.com <http://www.dreamhost.com>.
> > It is a linux server.
> >
> > *Best Regards*
> > ----------------------------------
> > 专利代理人 *周才淇* 敬上
> >

> > 2010/11/6 Choicky Chou <zhoucaiqi@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:zhoucaiqi@xxxxxxxxx>>
> >
> >     Dear all,
> >
> >     My wiki is located in http://ipsky.org/wiki . The file name encode
> >     option $conf['fnencode'] is configured to "safe" (Default value is
> >     "url").
> >
> >     In the recent rc-2010-10-07 and rc-2010-10-28 version, those wiki
> >     pages that have Chinese page name are not linked correctly, while
> >     those wiki pages that have English alphabet page name are still
> >     correctly.
> >     http://ipsky.org/wiki/start?do=index
> >
> >     The following drawing (or the attachment) illustrates the index of J
> >     namespace. As shown in the drawing, the 'start' page exists and is
> >     linked correctly, while the other Chinese pages do not exist. By the
> >     way, each Chinese page is added a suffix of "txt".
> >
> >     index-of-j-namespace.PNG
> >
> >     I check the actual file name in my web host. All of the wiki pages
> >     (Chinese page name or English page name) are saved as 'txt' file. If
> >     I change the suffix '.txt' of Chinese pages into '..txt', the
> >     Chinese wiki pages will be linked correctly. For example,
> >     '%fr1%top%lh1.-2009%ims%g24%ijn%mjs.txt' is changed to
> >     '%fr1%top%lh1.-2009%ims%g24%ijn%mjs..txt'. This is the index of D
> >     namespace to which I have done the changes.
> >
> >     index-of-d-namespace.PNG
> >
> >     Interesting, if I change the 'start.txt' into 'start..txt', it will
>
> That is because it has not been safe-encoded.

In fact, all of the pages are created and safe-encoded in
dokuwiki-2009-12-25c.tgz "Lemming", and it did work.

However, when the dokuwiki is upgraded to dokuwiki-rc2010-10-27.tgz
RC2 "Busy Wednesday", the wiki pages with Chinese Character suffix are
not listed and linked correctly any more. Interesting, those wiki
pages created after the upgrade are listed and linked correctly (since
they are saved in '..txt' suffix rather than '.txt').

> I've looked at your site and see your problem. .
>
> Which version is currently on your web site?  10-07 (Lazy Sunday) or
> 10-27 (Busy Wednesday)?   Did you start over fresh when you moved to the
> later version?  There was a problem in 10-07 with file names and the
> .txt extensions:
>
> //www.freelists.org/post/dokuwiki/Sitemap-and-fnencodesafe
>
> Try installing the latest version from a fresh install, with no pages in
> it.  Then see what happens if  you add pages.  It's possible that the
> first version corrupted the file names of the second.

I try a fresh install just now. It was in http://ipsky.org/wiki-test/
. Everything looks fine. However, please pay attention to the
difference of the suffix (the first two pages are with '.txt', while
the last one is with '..txt'):

wiki page "English Page Name Test" is saved as "english_page_name_test.txt";

wiki page "中文页面名-Chinese Page Name Test" is saved as
"%ff1%k13%u39%tvm%gkt.-chinese_page_name_test.txt";

wiki page "Another Chinese Page Name Test-中文页面名" is saved as
"another_chinese_page_name_test-%ff1%k13%u39%tvm%gkt..txt"

Is it a bug?