[dokuwiki] Re: problem after patching via darcs plugin

This is what darcs does when you pull in a patch that conflicts with one of your local patches. It marks the conflicting variations in the code. The conflict is then manually resolved (by editing the file) and a new patch recorded. You will probably find the darcs manual helpful. See:
http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs/manual/
more specifically
http://www.abridgegame.org/darcs/manual/ node6.html#SECTION00635000000000000000

On Jul 12, 2006, at 4:02 AM, Werner Flamme wrote:

Hi,

I just used the darcs plugin to update my installation. Something went
wrong, in inc/template.php I read:

- ---snip---
v v v v v v v
  trigger_event('TPL_CONTENT_DISPLAY',$html_output,'ptln');

Code from the incoming conflicting patch.

*************
  trigger_event('TPL_CONTENT_DISPLAY',$html_output,ptln);

return $html_output;

Code from the conflicting patch in your repository.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
- ---pins---

and, of course, this is not valid PHP code. The line "return $html_output;"
I added for my PDF export (see
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/users:wflamme:pdfdownload). After adding this
line, I used "darcs record" so darcs should know about this line (and the
other changes I made for "pdfdownload").

Both patches conflict (see darcs manual) because they change the same "trigger_event" line in a preceding patch. The command 'darcs whatsnew' should clearly show the part of the file that needs to be changed (if there are no other unrecorded changes). The whole block can be replaced (without comments):

// start
  trigger_event('TPL_CONTENT_DISPLAY',$html_output,'ptln');

  return $html_output;
// end

Regards, Ben Coburn