[dokuwiki] Re: print view and PDF export

Anyways, I think the future is not pdf export but odt(OpenOffice)
export. I work on this sneakily in the dark, but I think Andreas had
already write one.  ;) Right now, I am still learning odt format...

I'm not sure why that should be the future. Where is the use case. You
are writing collaboratively on a document, press a button and get a
nicely rendered printable copy.

Latex (tex that is) algorithms to calculate page layout are superior
to the OpenOffice mechanisms (my experience). And why would you want
to edit the printable copy again? Only leads to differences between
web and print that need   to be tracked.

I love what you achieved with dokutextit so far, and I see lots of
improvements and opportunities in this area, and I would rather see
one good latex/wiki implementation then two avarage latex/wiki and
wiki/odt approaches.

Of course, you do this for fun and I dont pay you, so just take this
as my humble opinion, you are free to do ... you know.

Jan