[dokuwiki] Re: preventing instruction level caching

On 28 Apr 2009, at 00:11, James Lin wrote:

Hello folks,

please forgive my noobness in PHP and blindness(if I missed out obvious instructions), could someone please show me how to prevent instruction level caching?

Try "purge=1" in the query string part of the URL.

Also an action plugin can hook into the PARSER_CACHE_USE event to use different logic to determine when to expire the cache, including always telling dokuwiki to not use the cache.

Note, instructions aren't only used to generate the output page, they are also used to generate metadata, which under normal circumstances occurs more frequently than generating xhtml.

- Chris