[dokuwiki] preg_match() Compilation failed: regular expression too large...

Hi, I try to use dokuwiki together with dokutexit plugin to generate a
PDF file from some pages. I may say that it works great with a few
pages, but the problem comes when I try to generate a PDF from a larger
number of pages, total Kb of those pages together are 209K. I get the
following error 22 times:

        Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Compilation failed:
        regular expression too large at offset 0
        in /var/www/lledoner/dokuwiki/inc/parser/lexer.php on line 115

I increased the default php memory_limit from 8M to 32M, with no good
results.

Debian GNU/Linux Stable
Apache2 2.2.3-4
php5 5.2.0-8+etch1
dokuwiki version date: 2006-11-06
dokutexit version date: 2007-02-11

I really would appreciate some light on the matter.
Many thanks.