[dokuwiki] Re: plugins: provide a syntax wiki page

Christopher Smith wrote:
But, why? isn't that the whole point of the internet. Provide a link and
someone can follow it to find the information. What's the difference
between clicking on a link to get another page on the wiki or a page
from the web?

Because I locally edit and change plugins and their syntax for my wiki implementation to suit my needs. If each plugin contained its own syntax reference page, I could also edit and update that with the updated syntax. Then these changes would be reflected in the user accessible common Syntax page/namespace.

Your other suggestions are also better than what we have now, and would be great to have implemented. A complete self contained solution would be nice however. There are dokuwiki use cases where "internet" access is restricted/unavailable.

chris