[dokuwiki] Re: plugins: provide a syntax wiki page

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:08:31 +0100

On 7 Apr 2008, at 18:50, chris wrote:

Has there been any discussion/attempts at this in the past (I didn't find any)? Anyone have an idea on an implementation method?

It has been discussed before.

Many plugins have very simple syntax and don't require whole pages. The bottom of the wiki:syntax page does have a list of all syntax plugins. The list includes the "description" field from the plugins internal "info" structure. I believe plugins should really put their syntax in the description. Sensible plugins will pull the response for that field from the plugin's language files.

- Chris