[dokuwiki] Re: plugins, and their 'activity' / 'maintenance'

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:28:03 +0000

Ben Coburn wrote:

Following this line of thinking... I wonder if there are any opensource multi-project management systems that have a clean enough user interface for "normal users" to easily find plugin projects? With something like that, each plugin could be treated as a mini-project. However, an existing tool would have to be *very* close to what we want or adjusting it will be more work than rolling our own....

CMS Made Simple has a reasonable set up.

All the modules are included in a central repository. Each has its own "project" which tracks updates, bug reports and a forum for comments. The application itself includes a module which can retrieve from that central repository and install modules at a click from the user.

Most module projects don't see a lot of activity, though this might not be an indicator of anything bad. Some of my original plugins from the 2nd half of 2005 still run fine on the latest DW without any changes or updates since their initial release.

Cheers,

Chris