[dokuwiki] Re: plugins, and their 'activity' / 'maintenance'

  • From: "Jay Dickon Glanville" <dickon.glanville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:49:42 -0500

Sounds like it might capture the necessary information.

JDG

PS: take your laptop out onto the back deck?  (depends on your current season)

On 2/7/07, Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jay Dickon Glanville writes:

> Salutations,
>
> I'm beginning to get a little worried.

Which I can perfectly understand :-). I'm thinking about this my self for a
while... I have an idea about a plugin repository outside the Wiki (maybe
connected to the same auth backend). I'll just scribble away some of my
ideas how I imagine it:

- database driven
- located at plugins.dokuwiki.org
- developers can upload plugin
- developers can upload updates to existing plugins
- maybe users can upload corrections as well
- users can comment
- user can vote: works for me with Dokuwiki version X, does not work for me
  with Version X
- The plugin manager connects to plugins.splitbrain.org to list available
  plugin, and to check for updates
- plugins can be tagged to categorize them
- probably more I just forgot
- users could easily see the health status of a plugin based onthe user
  votes (work/don't work)
- maybe special users could even do security audits, which would give a
  plugin an extra point or something
- probably more I just forgot

What do you all think of it?

Should I spend time on writing this system? Or should I use the little spare
time I have to go outside looking at the sun? ;-)

Jay Dickon Glanville