[dokuwiki] Re: plugins, and their 'activity' / 'maintenance'

  • From: "Terence J. Grant" <tjgrant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:04:41 -0500

Looking at the problem a bit more, is there a general pattern or patterns
behind the idea of collecting information in a structured way with
collaboration involved? It just happens to be plugins we're talking about
now that have physical files envolved. Issue lists, recepies, logo library,
UI pattern library, API documentation... A pattern that may be worth while
to address the wiki way? That would mean simple, easy to use, and in DW's
situation local file storage.

I agree-- I believe if we had some set procedure for plugins, we could
do this from within the wiki software itself.

Perhaps give each plugin a page with some standard info? Or perhaps
something similar to the redesign of the template page would be
enough. (I think whoever did that overhaul really did a good job on
it.)

There exists a "poll" plugin, and it wouldn't be too much work to make
a "page popularity per namespace" plugin (which could be a
modification of the referrer plugin.)

I'm not sure what else would be needed, but if someone (Jay?) would
like to come up with a minimal requirements list (something smaller
than Andi's plan I think), I believe this is easily doable via the
current dokuwiki.

--
--Terence J. Grant