[dokuwiki] Re: plugins, and their 'activity' / 'maintenance'

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:31:47 +0100

On 07 February at 18:28, Chris Smith wrote:

> CMS Made Simple has a reasonable set up.

  They use Gforge.

> All the modules are included in a central repository.

  We need a central repo for plugins. Same is true but less critical
  for templates. Central repository will not fix a broken plugin or
  buy sun glasses for Andi. We need to test plugins, file issues, and
  track them.

> Each has its own "project" which tracks updates, bug reports and a
> forum for comments.

  +1

> The application itself includes a module which can retrieve from that
> central repository and install modules at a click from the user.

  +1
  Except if Andi wants to write a Gforge-like light plugin, the
  central repo could be a collection of pulls from plugin authors
  repositories (SVN, darcs, whatever) if they exist, or pushed
  patches sent by authors if they don't have their own SCM. Some
  glue around for tagging, changing a flag on a plugin is needed.

--
  bug