[dokuwiki] Re: permissions and dokuwiki.txt

  • From: Don Shesnicky <don_shesnicky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:44:57 -0500

> I'm running a fresh install and yum updated Centos 5 linux server > with apache and php. I downloaded the latest stable dokuwiki > Rincewind, tar -xzf'ed it into /var/www/html and then created a /var/ > www/html/wiki link to the dokuwiki-2011-05-25 directory. After > running the install.php script I can access the http://yourserver/wiki/data/pages/wiki/dokuwiki.txt > file which I apparently should not be able to do.

Have a look at http://www.dokuwiki.org/security. That should explain what you need to do. I use the LocationMatch option with a virtual host under CentOS 5 and 6.

The default httpd.conf file had AllowOverride None:

# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
#    AllowOverride None
AllowOverride All