[dokuwiki] Re: pending patches?

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 00:25:48 +0100

Notamment.be wrote:
Martin Tschofen a écrit :

Will this solution allow for inch or foot marks or similar situations?

No. I did not change the DokuWiki substitution behaviour. I only added a distinction per languate of what quotation marks will be substituted with.

I don't know if it is possible to distinguish automatically eg. a (meant) inch mark from a (meant) double quote!?

For example I tried to use the following combinations of characters: —''— . DW didn't leave them alone, instead it converted them to —''— not what I wanted (it converted the inch marks to curly single quotes)...martin

If the typographical substitutions bother you, you can disable them: $conf['typography'] = 0;

BTW, this is another reason to put all quotes type in the character picker: it will be useful for wikis with disabled typography.

Yes, okay.
I will add the other quotation marks to it. And a few others as well: Eg. em dash, en dash, single and double prime, ... (I will try not to make them too many.)

Otherwise, if they bother you only in certain cases, you can use the non parsed text syntax, like %%"%%, which will only show the unaltered ".

In this case - from the typographical point of view - this is just as bad. "You would like a foot mark? Sorry, we just ran out of single primes. But you can choose between a single quote or an apostrophe ..." ;-)

Anika