[dokuwiki] Re: pending patches?

  • From: "Martin Tschofen" <martin.tschofen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:41:18 -0600

Hi Andy,

I've got a feature request that was slightly discussed a bit earlier.
*Ability to avoid duplicate js code. *
Let me explain:
I'm working on a solution that includes a couple of plugins and a template.
They share the same javascript code. If I add the javascript code to all 4
pieces, so they can stand alone, the code gets included multiple times (and
causes some problems along the way).

So I'm looking for a way to conditionally include this code.

Two solutions came to mind.
1. Allow a specially formatted comment inside a script file that tags part
of the script file as conditional:
/*loadOnlyOnce:Name-of-block*/
  conditional js code here
/*loadOnlyOnce:Name-of-block*/

in js.php during the clean out process capture each of these conditionals
and when detected in another file ignore them.

2. Perhaps Esther's helper plugin could do the trick? Create a plugin that
does nothing except for provide a script file. Then it would be a
requirement to have that plugin installed.

I'm sure there are better ways to deal with it.

Thanks...martin

On 1/17/07, Esther Brunner <wikidesign@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi Andi

> I just digged through my inbox trying to clean up a little bit. There
> where quite a few suggestions and patches where I'm not sure if they
> are applied already or if we even discussed them...

I wanted to contribute a few changes, but I have to repair my DokuWiki
Darcs repository first :-(.

1. (already discussed) Add 'helper' to known syntax modes and add a
method to lib/plugins/base.php to load a helper plugin with a one line
instruction.

2. New event TOOLBAR_DEFINE in inc/toolbar.php to allow the Creole
Plugin to adjust the toolbar to its syntax.

3. New event INDEXER_RUN in lib/exe/indexer.php so the Discussion
Plugin can hook in to index comments.

And two additional wishes:

4. International typographical quotes setting ("…" '…' / „…" ‚…' / "…"

5. Use standard scientific footnotes (without the right parenthesis
after the number) or at least make the their format configurable.

-- esther