[dokuwiki] Re: pending patches?

  • From: Anika Henke <a.c.henke@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:23:04 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:41:36 +0100
Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:

Esther Brunner schrieb am 18.01.2007 02:03:

And two additional wishes:

4. International typographical quotes setting ("…" '…' / „…" ‚…' /

This is twice in the feature wish list ;-) Up to now, this wish was rejected. Maybe you have more luck :-)

I try to get a renderer plugin to work. This plugin uses $conf to
store the quotation marks. But now I think $lang will be the better
place, so one can use language dependent quotation marks. Of course
the plugin is obsolete if the core source code uses variables instead
of constants.

Okay, okay I surrender ;-). If somebody sends me a darcs patch which
pulls the quotation marks from the language file I'll apply it.

Andi

I am now in the middle of implementing this and came across one problem:
Apostrophes are interpreted as "singlequoteclosing" (have always been in DokuWiki when $conf['typography'] is turned on). Although this is already semantically incorrect, no one ever complained, because the English "singlequoteclosing" (&rsquo;) looks almost like an apostrophe. But when quotation marks in other languages come into play, the result concerning apostrophes is definitely undesirable!

Example outputs:
«He thought “It”s a man”s world”...» (ca)
(And so on ... I only just reached the letter "g" ... ;-) )

Can someone work a bit of your regular expression magic? Is it even doable (to distinguish between apostrophes and quotes)?

Anika