[dokuwiki] Re: page moving/ search engine redirect

  • From: chris <jugg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:53:20 -0700

chris wrote:
I've recently moved some pages around in my wiki, and I was wondering
what ways people have used to provide a redirect from the old page
location to the new location for search engines to know that the page
has moved.

I'm still interested in how other people are handling this. I've come up with my own solution now however. See below.

The Page Redirector plugin[1] looks promising, but has these issues that
I have noticed:

I've modified the Page Redirector plugin to suit my needs. The redirects now only use cookies, and as such no longer mangles the URLs for search engines. The one url parameter that now exists is simply "&noredirect" so one can view the redirected page.

Also, I've added a configuration option for the plugin: "response_code" which can be set to any http response code. It defaults to 301 - Permanent redirect.

The updated version is attached. I'm sure this isn't the most elegant solution, but it is what worked for me.

chris

ps. I didn't add myself to the plugin's author info... So, if you use this, be sure not to bug the original author with bugs I introduced. You'll probably have to fix them yourself, but I'd appreciate a reply back to this thread if you do find any issues.