[dokuwiki] Re: p_cached_instructions()

On 15 Oct 2010, at 20:22, Christopher Smith wrote:

Basically it should be pretty much as you expect.

In checking the code, I've noticed that it works on the assumption that if there is cached instruction file its contains valid instructions. If the file exists but is empty, you'll get an empty array. If the file exists and isn't unserializable you should get false. Ideally the code should be made robust enough to handle those two situations gracefully. Feel free to open a report of flyspray.

To investigate, figure out the cached instruction file name and take a look at it.

I've added some diagnostics to p_cached_instructions. This shows that:

1) The cache file in $cache->cache does not exist.
2) The branch to $cache->retrieveCache() then gets called because $run[ $file ] is 'true'.

This doesn't look right to me, so I'll raise an issue as you suggest.

I may be passing the wrong value for $file and/or $id to p_cached_instructions(), but even if that is the case I would not expect the behaviour I'm seeing.

Chris