[dokuwiki] Re: multiple same-name-section anchors

  • From: Michiel Kamermans <pomax@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:05:08 -0700

Which DokuWiki version are you using?
This has been solved for a few years now ...

Ah, I didn't look quite well enough; I'm in 2009-02-13b and the ToC does build numbered entries, but the actual editing part of dokuwiki is completely unaware of this: editing a details section and hitting "save" will then send me to #details, rather than #details1, #details2 or whichever ToC indicated section I started editing.

On a sidenote, starting the additionals count on 1 rather than 2 is a bit strange (since the first entry with a number is the second section with name X). Would a change of this system to allow disambiguating anchors be more sensible (ie, seeing "#nouns_details", "#verbs_-_details", etc. in the status bar when they hover over a link, rather than something like "details1" tells users where they will be going to). Especially since this fix is not quite complete yet, i.e. the editing part of dokuwiki needs to be made aware of this mapping too, then now might be a good time to rethink how to deal with duplicate section names in therms of what the mapped name should look like, and where to store this information so that every part of dokuwiki has access to this information while a page is being dealt with, be that in rendering, editing, or auditing.

Regards,

- Mike