[dokuwiki] Re: making DokuWiki secure on a shared web host

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 09:30:56 +0200

Chuck Soper writes:

Is the "wiki:security" page up to date?

Yes, however keep in mind that most things there are recommended precautions but not strictly neccessary.

What is the best way to ensure that my docuwiki is secure and protected?

Set up an restrictive ACL and make sure file permissions are set to a bare minimal needed value. The latter might be difficult for you to do on a shared host, depending on how the Webserver/PHP was setup. See http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:install:permissions for details.

Unfortunately, I'm not a PHP developer. Will I need a PHP developer to set up dokuwiki to be secure?

No! Of course not.

Is this email list the best place to ask questions or is the forum at forum.dokuwiki.org a better place?

Both is fine.