[dokuwiki] Re: jsonRPC Plugin

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:16:14 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Magnus Wolf's message of 2010-12-10 17:19:09 +0100:
> I developed a JSON RPC Plugin for Dokuwiki. It's quite similar to the
> existing XML-RPC interface but it's available as a Plugin.
> I tested it in version Lemming and Anteater.  If anyone is interested in you
> can find it in the dokuwiki plugins page and download it from
> http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:jsonrpc

Great, so we now have a good basis for developing things like Ajax-based
editors. :)

However I have some notes:

- I think it might be a good idea to change the name of the class so it
  is no longer the same as the XML-RPC server in dokuwiki uses
- Do all plugins that register for the XML-RPC interface really work in
  your plugin? I think at least the error handling won't work, so
  perhaps just rename that event so plugins can distinguish if they
  should produce JSON errors or XML-RPC errors.
- That download link on the plugin page should point to a zip/tar.gz
  file that can be installed using the plugin manager. When you provide
  a plugin.info.txt (you should do that as it is required, see
  http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:plugin_info) you can specify a
  base property and then the directory name doesn't matter so you can
  just put your plugin files in the root directory of your git
  repository and use the automatic tar.gz creation of github.

Regards,
Michael