[dokuwiki] Re: javascript with php global variables

James Lin wrote:
Hi Michiel,

to answer "why", think about this scenario, I write a plugin to set the ACL for the displaying page. So when I click a button, a popup window loads the existing page ACL and render it to the popup, then I change the permission and click OK, popup disappears, made the ACL changes at the backend without reloading the main page.
But this violates ACL, though, doesn't it? Now you have an already loaded page with buttons that let you do, for instance, administrative tasks while the backend doesn't consider you an admin. You now have a dokuwiki that's effectively in an "illegal state"...?

- Michiel