[dokuwiki] incorrect plugin page names

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 13:59:21 +0100

Hi fellow plugin authors,

Ever wondered why your plugin shows a popularity of '0' (on http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugins)?
One reason might be the plugin's page name is incorrect.

I wondered why the 'box' plugin shows a popularity of 0/5963. The reason was the plugin's page was http://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:boxes whereas the plugin's name is *box* and not *boxes*. I just moved the page from plugin:boxes to plugin:box (and added a redirect and fixed backlinks and other links I found). And behold, the popularity jumped to 646/5963!

But I also found other pages that are named incorrectly, e.g. plugin:div_span_shorthand (which are two plugins and should have two appropriate pages, or even better should reside in one single plugin) or plugin:side_note (which should be plugin:sidenote) or plugin:boxes_mod (which is really also called 'box' but shouldn't be; therefore it shows up in the 'box' statistics as well).
I guess, there are a few more ...

So, if you'd like the popularity of your plugin to show a realistic number, you should check the page names of your plugins. They should be exactly the same as the folder name where your plugin resides in.

Thanks,
Anika