[dokuwiki] Re: foo --option

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:12:09 +0200

Christopher Mc Carthy writes:

Usually you'd want to use a code typeface in such circumstances e.g.

To see all files, use the ''--a'' option, e.g. <code>
la --la
</code>

I just tested the above, and the first double dash, although inside 2x
single quote marks *is* converted to a single dash.  I get the
impression that this is a bug, is it?

No it's not a bug. It the intended behavior.

 I just checked the syntax page
and is simply states that double single quoted text is monospaced.
Although isn't the main aim of monospaced text to show code?  Otherwise
is there any other way to show code elements inline?