[dokuwiki] Re: & entities

Hi Chris,

Are you running a script over some text data to convert it to dokuwiki format - or at least to get it into a format suitable for display by Dokuwiki?

Exactly. Translating existing markup into Dokuwiki format, more or less.

Have you altered something to prevent %% ... %% from working? Normal Dokuwiki installations will ignore any wiki markup nested within %%s. That is one of the standard ways to protect text from the parser. Take a look at the Dokuwiki markup here to see what I mean:

I had tried %%..%%, and thought it didn't DTRT in some complex situations, but after retrying, haven't found any problems. I'll stick with %%..%% and report a bug if it fails!

Thanks for all your help.
Eddie

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:code#syntax

I presume you are adding some Wiki markup to the files, ie. simply wrapping the whole page in <file> ... </file> wouldn't be much good?