[dokuwiki] Re: double newlines in notify mails?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 21:24:33 +0200

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 20:45:12 +0200
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a very strange problem and I'm not sure what it is caused by.

Okay to answer my own question. The problem was a combination between
the postfix MTA (that was why I couldn't reproduce it locally - its Exim
here) and some chenges in the quoted printable encoding function.

The strange thing is Postfix not liking CRLF as line delimiter though
RFC 822 says it's the right way. I experienced this a while ago in the
headers and came across it in the body now. AFAIK all known MTAs are
fine with simple LFs, too so I chenged the mail.php to use LFs only.

Andi

PS: Can anyone give me a pointer on why Postfix (which is a very
popular and widespread MTA) behaves that strange?