[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki using mysql

  • From: Mario Emmenlauer <marioemmenlauer@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:02:50 +0200

Hi,

sorry for not showing up yesterday, I was still quite tired
from my friends wedding:-) Today I gotta do some other work,
but I agree we should use PEAR::DB. Good choice.

Since I already started with my current version, I might finish
it using MySQL, and once it's running I'll port it to PEAR.
I'll leave all file(-system) accessing functions where they are,
and only enable db-support in them:
(example: quite a lot if @file_exists() get changed to self-written
'dbentry_or_file_exists()' which now resides in inc/io.php)

This way the first database-supporting version is 100% identical
in behavior and run time to the original dokuwiki, as long as
db-support is disabled. We can then improve on db-optimization
later.

Lets brainstorm in irc later tonight or maybe tomorrow,
Cheers,
   Mario

Redeeman wrote:
Agree (to some extent). But still making a mysql version would be a good
start in creating a more universal DB-based version. It's only five to ten
DB-accessing functions, and if these have been tested using mysql, they'll
be easily translated to any other system.
(I need a working solution fast, so I'll start with mysql, but can still
improve that once it's debugged and tested.)

team up with me, we can make it work today if you have the time, if you are interrested, come to #dokuwiki freenode, we will discuss it!

i look forward to our collaboration! (if you are interrested)

Cheers,
  Mario