[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki using mysql

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:34:15 +0200

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 23:00:44 +0200
Mario Emmenlauer <marioemmenlauer@xxxxxx> wrote:

> I like dokuwiki quite a lot, and want to use it for the
> new page of the linux-ntfs project. Now for several
> reasons I would prefer MySQL over file system data
> storage, and was quite reliefed to see you encapsulated
> almost all read/write functions in io.php (good job!)

Well unfortunately not everything is in this file. There is a lot of file
access in search.php and some in common.php, too.

> I would be willing to rewrite these functions to use
> MySQL, but I was wondering if you would then be interested
> in including these changes in a future dw release?

Yes, if done right I would be definitively interested.

However I'm not sure how this should be approached in the correct way.
Accessing a database in an efficient manner is very different to the way of
doing it on the filesystem...

I'm open for suggestions and patches.