[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki question

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:17:42 +0100

Stefan Samuelsson writes:

Andreas Gohr skrev:
Su writes:

I've never understood things like this being in the base feature list for programs. I doubt Andi would be up for including it; just too esoteric. Consider that DW doesn't even use a database on the backend, and he seems to have absolutely no interest in it.

In fact I'm working on it currently :-). I think it won't be in DokuWiki by default and I'm not sure when it will be finished. It's just something I wanted to try for a long time and finally started a few days ago.

Andi
I'm also currently working on a pdf renderer for DokuWiki based on the current xhtml export and fpdf. How far have you come Andi? I'm having problem to get a direct output (with ?do=export_pdf) because of some headers that I can't find are being sent before fpdf makes the output. If I figure it out I'll present a beta in a few days.

I'm in a very early stage. I experimentated with ufpdf. My goal is to create a PHP only solution wich is able to handle UTF-8 correctly. Handling UTF-8 but making sure the resulting PDF has a resonable size unfortunately isn't really simple :-/