[dokuwiki] Re: complaining about no resends

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:16:25 +0200

On Thu, 18 May 2006 13:00:25 -0700
Jo Rhett <jrhett@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 09:13:05AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > Everyone please stop resending your mails to list. If you didn't get
> > an  answer the first time this means usually a) nobody knows an
> > answer, b) the  answer would be obvious with just a little search or
> > c) you did not read
>
> Andreas, it is especially important to know if the problem is a, b or
> c.

It is important to you I understand that. But always remember nobody
here is obligated to answer your mail. If nobody does so it has a cause
- reposting the exact same question will not change this cause but it
will annoy hundreds of users who receive the exactly same mail for the
second time.

I don't link the document mentioned above a few times a month just for
fun, but to make it more easy to understand how a mailinglist works. If
you don't get an answer then you should assume you did something wrong
with your question.

If you decide you want to ask again provide additional info! Describe
what you did try in the meantime to solve the problem. Ask more specific
questions on steps that may help you to solve the problem on your own...