[dokuwiki] Re: breadcrumbs looks like : index - index - index - index

  • From: "Bill Jones" <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:41:38 -0400

On 4/11/06, peter pilsl <pilsl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ps: why isnt dokuwiki done in perl? this is finally a project I would
> really like to join ;)

I know Perl (and there are CMS that are written in it -- some good
ones no doubt.)  But I picked dokuwki not because it was written PHP
but because it's ACL functions work as advertised and the PHP is
relatively clean compared to other similar projects (including those
that are written in Perl.)

PS - Stop thinking in "Web" home page and index terms -- this is a
wiki after all, allow your site to interweave itself as a natural
consequence of being a "living, interactive wiki."

If some page or directory gets "abandoned" (orphaned if you will)
maybe it's a candidate for reorganization.  If the breadcrumbs seem
disorganized maybe you are trying to impose order where no order is
needed?

Just thinking about my own sites and how the Internet resembles life
more each day...
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/