[dokuwiki] Re: barrier free website with dokuwiki as CMS?

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:04:23 +0000

Andreas Benzler wrote:
What is barrier free?

First, I am not sure if this is the correct term for what I meant.

The correct term is "accessible".

Therefore a text version of the site is needed, as far as I know, which
That is nonsense. Accessibility has nothing to do with "another text version of the same site". You can use the same site for everyone, you "only" have to code it in a way that is accessible to everyone.

You are lucky, because DokuWiki is quite accessible already. For a completely accessible website you should only need to tweak a few more things on the default template. There might be templates out there which are more accessible. But this subject is far too complicated to answer in just a few sentences ...

Anika