[dokuwiki] Re: auth backend ldap broken?

Andreas Gohr schrieb:
> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:16:33 +0100
> Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> After I phpized and installed the ldap extension anew,
>
> Hmm what exactly does this mean? Are you refering to the PHP extension
> or the DokuWiki LDAP plugin?

Sorry, I meant the PHP extension. It seemed to be broken - not for the
first time, btw. Why should I phpize the DokuWiki plugin? ;-)

>> I get "LDAP:
>> can not bind anonymously" (inc/auth/ldap.php line 119 or
>> inc/auth/ldap.class.php line 78). But we use anonymous bind all around
>> the company!?
>
> Did you enable the debug option to get the exact LDAP error? If yes what
> did it say?
>
>> Well, after I changed $conf['superuser'] to an existing uid in our
>> LDAP, the error disappears.
>
> This is simply impossible because $conf['superuser'] is not used
> anywhere in the ldap backend. Probably a strange coincidence.

Yes, as I saw in the meantime. The error came back. Since I am home now,
I can't debug LDAP, but will do so tomorrow.

>> Does that mean I cannot have a group as superusers as it is mentioned
>> in http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:config#superuser since LDAP needs a
>> single superuser? Is there another way of specifying a uid for LDAP
>> without writing my uid and password into conf/local.php? ;-)
>
> If anonymous binds are allowed it should work. I had a report that the
> LDAP port had to be set explicitly because the default one point to the
> SSL enabled one (I haven't veriefied this yet)

So I have to enter 'myldaphost:389' instead of 'myldaphost'? And what
default do you mean? In your source, I find neither portnumber 389
(ldap) nor 636 (ldaps). And on
http://en.php.net/manual/en/function.ldap-connect.php I see "If only
hostname is specified, then the port defaults to 389."

> Andi

Well, tomorrow we'll see :-)

Werner