[dokuwiki] Re: What about backup?

  • From: Stefan Waidele <Stefan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:35:36 +0200

Uwe Koloska schrieb:

>> If you have shell (or similar) access to your host, I think backup is a
>> no-brainer:
>
> Yes, but without ...

Still easy :)

Just download the whole "webspace" to your local PC. Done.

If your "local PC" has Linux running, you can automate the task using a
shell-script. The commands going into that one most probably are "ftp"
for getting the data, "tar" for packing and compressing and "gpg" for
encrypting.

If you do not run Linux, there are probably solutions out there, but I
don't know them.

> What do you mean by shell access or similar?

"shell" is the unix/linux commandline. Think "command.com"

the "or simular" part has to be clarified by B.J. Black, since it is
his/her term :)

HTH,

Stefan