[dokuwiki] Re: Using gettext for i18n

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:45:40 +0100

Matti Pöllä wrote:

Ok, langcheck.php effectively does what I was missing. What would really impress me is a system where you could do the translating on-site using a web interface like

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/yelp/+pots/yelp/da/+translate

Would be quite a straight forward admin plugin

Or much more complex as an action plugin that
- tied into a template to place a new button/action link
- displayed strings for translation side by side with english (or some configurable language) master
- only allowed users belonging to certain (configurable) groups to see the translation button
- option to upload translation to another site (e.g. splitbrain) with appropriate translator identification/authentication.
- stored local translations separately from DokuWiki translations allowing for seemless updating
- automagically merge local translation with DokuWiki translation after update (or live, but that would require some extra events allowing the locale file names to be modified).

Cheers,

Chris