[dokuwiki] Re: Using a DokuWiki as a commercial application online Help system

  • From: "Gerry Weißbach" <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 13 Feb 2009 09:37:37 +0100

>> Yes and No: Yes, because the Documentation already existed before I was
>> asked to re-design the companies website (relaunch was just about one
>> month ago)
>> No, because it's basically easy to migrate all html pages into DW (but
>> we do need the plain pages for offline documentation too)
>>
>> It's still a subject to be solved, and I did not yet come up with a
>> propper soution.
>
>Off-line usage as in .pdf or .odt files? Could the ODT plugin be your
>friend here?

I don't think so - we really need html pages for offline documentation,
because of the JAVA API, and not every bit of the documentation can be
transformed into pdf or odt that can still be read ;)

But: some of our documents are already PDF

The only solution in my case (I think) - is to spider the DW site prior
to a release.

Gerry.