[dokuwiki] Re: Using Dokuwiki with Cygwin/Apache/PHP

On 1/17/07, Jeff Berman <spamact@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've installed it as a test onto my Windows XP PC, using XAMPP to provide both
Apache and PHP.  Everything works great, except I'm a little frustrated by
having to use semicolons (;) to separate namespaces instead of colons (:).  I
understand that this is a limitation of Windows.

Well, now I'm ready to install Dokuwiki onto a new PC and put it into production.  We're
required to use Windows, but I was thinking about using Cygwin to install Apache and PHP
in the hopes that this would get around the semicolon issue.  Also, perhaps it would
create a more "native" environment for both Apache and PHP (and Dokuwiki?).

I would roll it out using a native Windows Apache environment: Apache2Triad.

--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x2A46CF06&fingerprint=on