[dokuwiki] Re: Using Dokuwiki with Cygwin/Apache/PHP

  • From: "Bill Jones" <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:57:31 -0500

On 1/17/07, Jeff Berman <spamact@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've installed it as a test onto my Windows XP PC, using XAMPP to provide both
Apache and PHP.  Everything works great, except I'm a little frustrated by
having to use semicolons (;) to separate namespaces instead of colons (:).  I
understand that this is a limitation of Windows.

Well, now I'm ready to install Dokuwiki onto a new PC and put it into production.  We're
required to use Windows, but I was thinking about using Cygwin to install Apache and PHP
in the hopes that this would get around the semicolon issue.  Also, perhaps it would
create a more "native" environment for both Apache and PHP (and Dokuwiki?).

I would roll it out using a native Windows Apache environment: Apache2Triad.

WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/