[dokuwiki] Usability of new heading buttons

Hi,

I agree that users need some guidance of selecting the propper heading
level. Last changes to the
editor toolbar is one step towards a solution. Here's my thoughts after
some intensive testing

1. Even if I *know* what to do, I tend to click the wrong button. Mostly
I press H+ instead of H=. IMHO "Same as level as previous" is the
standard and should be placed first. Perhaps also with a heavier icon
than the others.

2. The numerical symbols + - = is not descriptive at the same level as
the other editor buttons.
It would be better with some kind of illustration but I'm lousy drawing
icons. Attached is something to
illustrate an alternative (yes, it condradicts point 1 above and
integrates dropdown in H= button).

3. The dropdown menu H will only disappear is a heading is selected or H
button pressed once more.
This is not like most other programs. A dropdown should disappear also
if the user clicks anywhere else
and thereby focusing another control. Programs should encourage users to
explore the functionality
without getting stuck.

but as said, in the right direction

/Håkan

<P><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"
 style="font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #00f"
href="http://www.eniro.se/?partnerid=spray_mail"; target="_blank">Eniro Supersök
- är vad det heter</a></font>