[dokuwiki] Re: UTF-8 question

  • From: Christopher Smith <cdsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:54:56 +0100

iirc, the B in ?B? says how they have been encoded. I think there are two schemes, one I am pretty sure is uuencode.

Christopher Arndt wrote:

Riny Heijdendael schrieb:
Still fighting with my gateway for dokuwiki, I run into problems when
parsing the subject of the mail..

If I send an email with UTF-8 encoded subject, and try to parse it for
inclusion in dokuwiki, it shows up like something like:

=?UTF-8?B?0LvQvdC60L/Qs9GI0YnQljpkaXNjdXNzaW9u?=

Can anyone advise me which functions there are in the dokuwiki to get it
back to ÐÐÐÐÐÑÑÐ:discussion , which was it originally?

These headers are encoded after RFC 2047 ("MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) Part Three: Message Header Extensions for Non-ASCII Text").

Surely, there is a PHP function to decode these? I'm no PHP programmer, so I
wouldn't know, but every decent programming language should have a library to
handle MIME emails.

Chri