[dokuwiki] Re: URL rewriting: page prefix?

  • From: Andreas Haerter <list+dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 19:41:58 +0200

Am 16.05.2011 19:09, schrieb Tanguy Ortolo:
> Andreas Haerter, 2011-05-16 17:45 UTC+0200:
>> Wouldn't be a simple check if the accessed file or dir is really
>> existing enough (at least for the root dir) to make really existing
>> files accessible?
>
> Well, no, for two reasons:
> 1. it is only usable with some web servers in some contexts: Apache HTTP
>    Server implements it, but only in directory and htaccess context;

Okay, good point.

> 2. it resolves the ambiguity of a possible conflict, not the conflict
>    itself: for instance, if there is a file called lib and a wiki page
>    called lib too, then the file would win, thus rendering the wiki page
>    impossible to access.

For sure... but you just have to decide for one behaviour:
a) let existing files win
b) let DokuWiki win in every case = current behaviour

Everything in between can't be completely automatic or you really need a
namespace for the wiki.

>> I use a comparable rule to access my GnuPG Public key downloader at
>> <http://andreas-haerter.com/contact/gpg-public-key> (a script which
>> downloads my Key from a keyserver pool to deliver my key
>> maintenance-free with as many signatures as possible) which is obviously
>> not a DokuWiki file. :-)
>
> Well, I hope that you will never have to create a page called
> contact/gpg-public-key, then. :-)

A namespace also just moves the problem because you have to hope that
you will never have to create a page outside this namespace then. And I
think the probability that a user would like to use
<http://example.com/foobar> outside <http://example.com/wiki/*> for his
wiki is much higher than inaccessibility of a clearly defined blacklist
(=existing files and dirs). However, every solution has one drawback.
Therefore I would choose the one which is probably the best for "john
doe"...

--
Andreas <http://blog.andreas-haerter.com>